Friday 9 June 2017

I'm A Very Lucky Diabetic

I am. Very lucky. I am a PWD 2. Many would not say I was lucky. I am. Let me explain.

I have been engaging once in awhile in a weekly social media group on Twitter called Diabetes Social Media Advocacy @dsma. http://www.diabetescaf.org  I had never been involved in this type of online community before. The more I have engaged, the more I learn. I have learned that PWD 1 have a diabetes that is so complex, it boggles my mind. Further, I did not realize what parents of a child with Type 1 have to deal with. I had no idea. I wish I could say I understand what they live with daily but I cannot. These friends, these families, manage to stay so upbeat with all the changing struggles. I have so much respect for them. I wish there was an easy solution but there is not.

So when I think of my own diabetes, yes, I have had some struggles. There are times it has not been easy. But for me, diabetes in the bigger picture has been pretty simple. I have the ability to control my diabetes. I have power. I am rarely blindsided. I am so lucky.

So very lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My New Opportunity!

I'm fairly new to blogging and really enjoy it. What's even better is blogging about something you are passionate about. For me, tha...